Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Hard to Beat Weekend!

It was a great start to fall here in Denver this past weekend. Here's why:

Last week the Denver Athletic club had it's kick-off the season squash tournament. I signed up for two divisions; 40+ and beginner open. I got knocked out of the 40+ group in the first round. However, I made it to the finals in the beginner group! The finals were Friday evening and before a wild crowd of 5 or 6 , I won, 3-1! Scores were 9-1, 9-5, 7-9, 9-5, so it was pretty close the whole time!







Next, my friend David and I signed up to take the Motocycle saftey course to get our 'M' endorsement on our licences. The class was going to be all day Saturday out on the practice course as well as some class room work. Sunday was going to be some warm up exercises followed up by our timed and scored range evaluation and a multiple choice exam. We both passed with flying colors, so watch out Denver, we're both legal and saving our pennies for motorcycles :)





Since I was on the motorcycle range all day Saturday and Sunday, Laura took advantage of the fabulous fall weather to ride little horse.

On Saturday, she went to Longmont to practice chasing cows. Then, on Sunday, she and her friend Aliza loaded up their horses in the trailer and did a three hour ride at the Chatfield recreation area in the foothills south of Golden.











Finally, to cap it all off, I'll be starting a new job on Monday! But, I'll save that for another post.

-Rich-

0 comments: